Oil Portraits by Primary 6
Our first art lesson in Primary 6 was drawing a self-portrait. Miss West explained step by step how to draw a portrait. We did a pencil drawing first and then used oil pastels.
- understand proportions when drawing a portrait
- experiment with pressure when using oil pastels to achieve bold and light lines + blend pastels where necessary
- overlay colours to create new colours and rich textual effects
During each session on our self-portraits we:
- talked about our work and highlighted what we thought we had been successful at.
- suggested ways to modify and improve our portraits.
- talked about the colour, tones, lines and textures in our work.
- learnt through working with our peers, sharing ideas and listening to each other.